Divorce and when you should seek legal advice

Divorce or dissolving a Civil Partnership can be an emotional and worrying time. Here at Lamb & Holmes we fully understand the difficulties and feelings that our clients have to face when making the arduous decision to end a relationship.  

Our friendly family law department, can offer support when you need it most. Offering advice on your family and things that you care most about: Children, your home and your financial security. We are here to listen and try to make the entire process as stress free as possible.

Even if you are living together but are not married, we can explain your rights as this differs quite considerably to matrimonial divorce law.

If it helps, we would be more than happy to arrange an initial meeting at either our Kettering or Corby office in order to discuss your situation and the options that are available to you.

You should seek legal advice as soon as possible if:

  • You are at risk of having nowhere to live or risk losing your property
  • If you are having problems in agreeing the residence/custody or access/contact arrangements for your children and need to apply to the Court for a Child Arrangements Order
  • If you or your family are at risk of domestic violence or abuse and require a Non-Molestation or Occupation Order
  • If you are unsure what a fair financial settlement would look like
  • If you have lots of assets
  • If you are in a vulnerable financial position
  • If you got married abroad or if you or your ex-partner or your children have non-UK nationality  

To find out more about how we can help with any queries regarding Divorce and Family Law please visit or alternatively please contact our Corby office on 01536 745 168.

Share this post

Articles you may have missed...

Equity Release

We all have different interests and ambitions in life, but it’s not always possible to pursue these as fully as we’d like if we have

Read More »