Here at Lamb & Holmes Solicitors we understand that for most people, buying or selling a home could be considered to be one of the most stressful life experiences. There is so much to organise and consider in order to ensure the process runs as smoothly as possible.
Our team of conveyancing specialists deal with the legal side of moving every day and once instructed, are always available to answer any queries promptly and guide you through the legal process.
When considering an “organised” move, other areas which you may wish to consider in order to ensure your moves goes as smoothly as possible are as follows:
- Removal Company – if you are planning to use a removal company, it is usually best to book one as soon as possible, they usually get booked up especially around the busy moving times of spring/early summer and in the run up to Christmas.
- Order boxes – pack gradually, trying to do too much in one go can be exhausting. If you have the boxes to hand you can pack at a more leisurely pace.
- Declutter – now is a good time to consider getting rid of items that are no longer used by either donating the useable items to charity or selling any unwanted items, making more of the space in your new home.
- Measure – measure rooms in your new home prior to moving, in order to work out where certain items of furniture will go, making things easier on moving day.
- Eat frozen food – clear down the freezer and cupboards prior to moving out.
- Notify – contact services providers, doctors, dentist etc., in order to let them know your new address and when this comes into effect.
- Notes – write down any important numbers that you may need on moving day, as you may not have any internet connection at your new property for the first few days.
- Collect documents – keep any important documents in a safe place such as passport, driving licence together should you need these on moving day.
- Plan arrival – as this is such a busy time, it is important not to rush things once you get to your new home. Take time to settle in and try to relax, it is impossible to get everything done in the first few days, so taking a slower pace will help you to think clearer through this demanding time.
To find out more about our conveyancing services and how we can help please visit https://www.lambandholmes.com/private-client-services/buying-or-selling-a-property or alternatively please contact our Kettering office on 01536 513 195 or our Corby office on 01536 745 168 dependent on your location.